Continuing the conversation: Mobilizing collective action for long-term care reform in Canada
RNAO organized a pathbreaking cross country meeting to engage collective action for long-term care reform in Canada. This special Health System Transformation & COVID-19 Webinar happened on Monday, November 9. You can watch the seminar here.
We will continue the conversation on Monday, December 14, 6:45 to 8:00 pm. You can register here.
The November 9 webinar was moderated by The Globe and Mail columnist André Picard, the author of Neglected No More: The Urgent Need to Improve the Lives of Canada's Elders in the Wake of a Pandemic and panelists included:
- Nathan Stall, staff geriatrician at Sinai Health System;
- Doris Grinspun, RNAO CEO;
- Shirlee Sharkey, president and CEO of SE Health;
- Miranda Ferrier, national president of the Canadian Support Workers Association;
- Linda Silas, president of the Canadian Federation of Nurses Unions and president of the Ontario Personal Support Workers Association; and
- Laura Tamblyn Watts, president and CEO of CanAge.
Everyone is invited to attend including anyone across Canada who cares about seniors and wants to join forces to inspire our provincial, territorial and the federal governments to establish national standards for LTC and to take additional action to support people staying in their homes longer.
Information on past webinars, including videos and presentation slides, can be found here.