Webinar: Building a mentorship movement for Black nurses
RNAO held a webinar in the Let’s Talk about Anti-Black Racism and Discrimination in Nursing series on Monday, January 18, 2021.
Topic: Building a mentorship movement for Black nurses
- explore definitions of mentorship and the attributes of an effective mentor/mentee;
- increase participants' understanding of Black nurses access to and experiences of mentorship;
- discuss what constitutes a successful mentor/mentee relationship;
- describe the value, benefits and outcomes of mentorship for mentors, mentees and for health-care organizations; and
- generate dialogue to help shape RNAO's mentorship initiative for Black nurses.
- Michele James, Vice-President, People and Transformation, Scarborough Health Network
- Ryan Hinds, Community Engagement Lead, Toronto Central LHIN
- Sandra Robinson, NP, CNO Council President, Manager at Toronto Western Hospital
- Sharon Nwamadi, RN, Nurse Manager, Bayview Family Practice
To see information about webinars in the series, as well as background information on RNAO’s Black Nurses Task Force, please go here.