Anti-Black racism and discrimination in nursing: The power of mentorship in nursing education
This webinar in the Let’s Talk about Anti-Black Racism and Discrimination in Nursing series was held on Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2021.
Topic: The power of mentorship in nursing education
- explore the value, benefits and outcomes of mentorship opportunities for Black nursing students in academic settings;
- review strategies for establishing goals, expectations and boundaries in a mentor/mentee relationship;
- identify enablers and barriers to Black nursing students’ access to mentors;
- examine how mentorship experiences for Black nursing students are impacted by the diversity of the faculty and student population; and
- promote dialogue to help shape RNAO's mentorship initiative for Black nurses and nursing students.
- Dr. Bukola Salami, RN, MN, PhD, Associate Professor at the Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta
- Ola Thomas Obewu, 3rd year BScN Student at York University, RNAO Black Nurses Task Force Panelist
View information about all webinars in the series here.